Free DTA Rides on New Year's Eve | Transportation
The DTA will provide special service on New Year's Eve with free fares after 5 p.m. and service extended to 2 a.m. throughout the Twin Ports. The last buses departing downtown Duluth will leave as late as 2:10 a.m. to accommodate those celebrating New Year’s Eve.
Fond du Luth Casino pre-paid all fares after 5 p.m. on New Year's Eve and is sponsoring the extension of service after midnight. The DTA said the extra service would not be possible without their support. Last year, more than 700 riders took advantage of the free extended service after midnight.
Last buses departing downtown Duluth after Midnight on New Year's:
- West Mainline (Route 2): 2:10 a.m.
- East Mainline (Route 7) to Lakeside: 12:10 a.m.
- East Mainline (Route 7) to 24th A.E.: 2:10 a.m.
- East 8th Street/UMD/Kenwood (Route 11K): 2:00 a.m.
- East 4th Street/Woodland (Route 13): 1:00 a.m.
- Piedmont (Route 9): 12:10 a.m.
- Central Hillside/Duluth Heights (Route 10): 1:10 a.m.
- Superior, WI (Route 16): 1:20 a.m.
- Last bus departing Superior WI for Duluth: 1:42 a.m.
On New Year's Day (Tuesday, January 1), the DTA will operate a limited holiday service schedule for regular route and STRIDE services. Holiday service schedules are highlighted on all passenger hand schedule’s Sunday section and on the DTA website.
Holiday service is only provided in Duluth. The DTA operates a limited holiday service schedule, similar to the Sunday level of service, on all major holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day and Thanksgiving Day, along with the upcoming Christmas Day.